Coconut Oil has a great reputation within the beauty community. Any ideas why?
1. It is packed with healthy fats and medium-chain fatty acids which give it an antimicrobial property that helps protect against harmful bacteria.
2. It is highly moisturizing which is why we use it in most of our body and face creams. Dry, dull skin is no match for the hydrating properties of coconut oil. Many studies show that coconut oil can directly help skin hydration and even eczema.
3. It helps reduce inflammation. Great for those with dry acne-prone skin.
4. It's an all-natural ingredient that comes from extracting the oil from raw coconuts.
There are three types of coconut oils: unrefined coconut oil, refined coconut oil, and liquid coconut oil the best type for your skin is usually unrefined organic oil that has been extracted using either the wet-milling or quick-drying method, these processes keep the phytonutrients and polyphenols intact.
Look for coconut oil that is described as “virgin”, “cold-pressed” or “raw” when shopping for coconut oils.
Coconut oil is usually a great option for all skin types but whenever trying something new it is a good idea to test it on a small spot for a couple of days to ensure that your body won’t react to it, after all, there is no one-size-fits all for skincare.
The benefits of coconut oil don’t start and end with just being a good moisturizer. We have found it to be beneficial in:
- Improving hair health
- Reducing/preventing stretch marks
- Acne treatment
- Relieving skin conditions
Check out some of our great products that use pure, organic coconut oil by clicking here.
We have 20% off for Thanksgiving weekend! (Friday to Monday!) use the promocode THANKFUL when checking out.